The best image I've taken of Jupiter yet. Captured 3 out of the 4 Galilean moons and the GRS. Unfortunately by the time I got everything tweaked, I had about 10 mins before Jupiter was out of view. I was only able to capture about 90 seconds of data in my best data set before the night was over. It would have been nice to capture a high exposure of the moons and superimpose it on this image.
Seeing was quite good thanks to the hot, still air the Pacific NW is seeing right now. Captured a lot of detail in the bands. Really impressed with the capabilities of this 12" scope.
- Seeing: 4/5
- Transparency: 4/5
- Elevation: ~23°
- OTA: Meade 12" SCT (f/10)
- Mount: Skywatcher EQ-6 GoTo
- Imaging camera: ASI120MC
- Imaging software: SharpCap 3.1
- Exposure: 20ms
- Gain: 30/100
- Capture Time: 90 seconds
- Stacked 50% of frames in AutoStakkert!3 (sharpening, RGB align, levels normalized to 80%)
- Levels and more sharpening in GIMP