•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

look what i dug up in closet

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 shredder1656

shredder1656

Apollo

• Loc: Indiana

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:26 PM

One asterisk For each letter .lol.gif

I typed the 3 letter version, though.  crazyeyes.gif 

• TOM KIEHL likes this

#27 Exnihilo

Exnihilo

Apollo

• Loc: Tempe, AZ

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:21 AM

by the way

anyone know how much time to doomsday?

that fact will help in retirement planning 

Besides worrying about retirement, I'd like to know the last bus schedule.

• highfnum, terraclarke and Ben Bajorek like this

#28 deSitter

deSitter

Still in Old School

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Yep, absolutely on the money. Scientists should never be allowed to think about the consequences of their work. It is very dangerous to have people trained in statistics, empiricism, outside review, provable and repeatable claims and all similar foolishness,mucking about in things best left to the generally indifferent and ignorant public and the keen minds in various capitols. 

Now if you ask me our nuclear arms and energy policy should be based strictly on a foundational belief in the goodness of men and on their perfectibility and a windmill in every yard.wink.gif

No atomic weapons, no atomic power, no atomic science thus no atomic scientists and no clock.

MacArthur warning about attack from outer space? Turns out he really did say that in a way during his famous 1962 speech at West point. He had a long paragraph practically a run on sentence about future things being spoken about and he ended with,

of spaceships to the moon; of the primary target in war, no longer limited to the armed forces of an enemy, but instead to include his civil populations; of ultimate conflict between a united human race and the sinister forces of some other planetary galaxy; of such dreams and fantasies as to make life the most exciting of all times.

With a general dreaming  that way maybe those scientist fellows weren't so far off the mark. Things are seldom as simple and one sided as we might like them to be

I wouldn't let string theorists cut my grass :)

-drl

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics