Let me introduce my opensource project of ASCOM.DSLR driver for Canon an Nikon
I started this project to integrate ASCOM platform with DSLR cameras.
I think this driver can be usefull for people which are using some complicated automation (scripts etc.)
Github repository of project: https://github.com/vtorkalo/ASCOM.DSLR
For installation start installer https://www.dropbox.... Setup.exe?dl=1
To connect in astro software please use standart ASCOM camera selection dialog - select there "ASCOM Camera Driver for DSLR"
1. Set camera mode to B or M (depends on camera model)
2. Connect via USB cable
Connection method - way how to connect to camera
There are 3 possibilities
1. CanonSDK - direct connection using canon driver.
2. Nikon - connection using library digicamcontrol. After nikon selection appears checkbox "Use external shutter" and com port selection - it's implemented for some Nikon cameras which doesn't support Bulb mode via USB. To solve this limitation you can connect shutter using this scheme: http://www.alienworl...on MaxDSLR.html
List on nikon models without Bulb support via USB: Nikon D3s, Nikon D3x, Nikon D300, Nikon D300S, Nikon D3400, Nikon D3300, Nikon D3200, Nikon D3100, Nikon D3000, Nikon D40, Nikon D60, Nikon D80, Nikon D5100, Nikon D5000, Nikon D700, Nikon D7000, Nikon D80, Nikon D90
3. BackyardEOS - driver can control camera by connection to backyardEOS software. It's implemented for simultaneous usage with BackyardEOS application. To activate in BEOS - go to settings - 3rd Party Integration - Enable TCP server and set Port Number equal to driver settings
Image mode - format in which image is returned
1. RGGB - raw data are transferred to ASCOM
2. Color16 - debayered 16 bit tiff - usefull for software which doesn't support debayerization
3. ColorJPG - jpeg for quick preview (i used it for plate solving)
Enable binning - enables software binning up to 4*4
Save photos to - path where store files. Original RAW files will be stored there. Filename contains exposure, ISO, sensor temperature (for canon), time
ISO - iso value. contains all possible values. When camera doesn't support selected - nearest will be choosen
This is alpha version of software. I will appreciate your feedback - if this software will be usefull, testing, new ideas
Tested on Canon EOS80D, EOS550D, Nikon D3100
Tested with software: MaximDL, APT, allskyplate solver, CCD Ciel, Backyard EOS
Please let know about any issues: describe used software, camera, steps to reproduce and send log file
Logs are written there C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\Documents\ASCOM\Logs <DATE_TIME>
Edited by vtorkalo, 15 July 2018 - 12:56 PM.