•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jason mercury 200

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Capn26

Capn26

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:47 AM

Hello all!

I’ve just recently purchased a new telescope and have started observing for the first time since Halle Boppe was around. My father is in the process of moving out of my childhood home, and found my old telescope. I honestly thought this thing had been lost to the ages. I new it wasn’t much then, and isn’t much now. However, I’d like to find out anything anyone may know of it.

It’s a Jason Mercury 200. Model 404. Made in Japan, with a z inside of a diamond on the focuser. I believe it’s .965 ep.

#2 DLuders

DLuders

Gemini

• Loc: Spokane, WA

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

There is some description and a few pictures of that  F=625 MM, D=50mm Japanese-made telescope here --  https://www.worthpoi...mical-105040031 .

Does your telescope show everything in these photos?   Telescope.gif   How about these photos?

Edited by DLuders, 21 July 2018 - 10:47 AM.

#3 Capn26

Capn26

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

So yes. That’s my scope. My tripod is all black and not chrome but is the same design. I have a 6mm ep and the 2x barlow. I’m missing the finder and right angle.

I’ve seen a .965 to 1.25 prism. Do these work okay? I’m really considering mounting this to my dob as my finder.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics