•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Looking for mount case

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blueshark928

Blueshark928

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:46 AM

Hi All,

I just got the Celestron CG-5 goto. The box it came in has the most perfect foam setup. Its already cut to fit the mount. What i need is a hard case that i can transfer the foam from the box too. Has anyone else with a ASGT CG-5 mount BTDT and can tell me where to get the right sized case?

#2 imbored20

imbored20

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:15 AM

Not sure about a perfect fit, but you can always create your own from any hard cases at k-mart, walmart, or a hardware store. Just get a little bit bigger of one, and add extra foam until it fits perfect. That method would also save you a few bucks.

#3 Stelios

Stelios

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:19 PM

I looked and never found it. So I bought a large Dosco case (the biggest size) from CasesForLess.
http://www.casesforl...tight_exlg.html

About $65, including pick-n-pluck foam. We were able to fit everything beautifully in the case after reversing the orientation of the mount head 180 degrees. Took a bit of planning, but we fit the mount, the handcontrol in a separate cutout, the counterweight bar, and we usually lay the accessory tray on top and close the case (or the accessory tray can go into the tripod bag, of course -- for that we got a baseball bat bag for $20 from Target.

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 09 April 2004 - 04:46 PM

I went to Walmart and in the sporting goods section, I found a soft case that is used to store Pistols and BB Guns in. It came with 4-5 guns wraps inside this bag. What I did was take the guns wraps out and then I took the orginal foam that my mount came with, trimmed it down just a tad and it fits in the bag perfectly. I then trimmed the top layer of foam as well and both fit with the mount all safe and secure in this bag. It has a wide double zip opening on top that makes getting the motor drive out really easy. It also has an outside pouch that I throw my red flashlight in. I don't think your mount needs to be in a hard case as well as you pack and secure it well.
Hope this helps a little..... :grin:

#5 Don W

Don W

demi-god

• Administrators

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:03 PM

I got a padded zipper case from Orion that they sell for their SVP and Vixen GP mounts. The mount plus tripod fit very nicely.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics