I would add:
1) support for double stars (and variable stars)
2) parametric searches: I want to be able to search on any parameter, Mag (Pri, Sec), separation,
constellation are a minimum.
3) I need to be able to add my own catalogues.
Also, tie it into INDI/ASCOM and the planetarium programs. For planning I want to extract a list of targets for the night. Maybe sort on Zenith transit. That list goes into CDC or KStars/EKOS or SGP. When I slew to an object (in via CDC) and hit notes it should:
1) already know what the target is but also record the location as confirmation
2) record time I was on the target and photography info if imaging
3) allow my comments with a minimum of additional fields to fill out.
I currently can and do this with Deep Sky and use it, but it could be cleaner and once Win7 goes... who knows. Looking for an option under Linux.