Couple of problems:
- your frames are out of focus. Get a bathinov mask and don't worry about wasting 10mins or to focus if you need too.
- your tracking is off
- your masters especially SII and OIII are not well calibrated
- Are you sure that your OII and SII names are not inverted as the halos show up in your SII lights?
- I suspect your darks to be abnormal and check if you dont have a light leak in your set up (check around the focuser - put yourself in a dark room look inside the scope from the end of the scope and with a flashlight put it along your set up and if you see light through the scope front lens you have a leak. I you take darks with a leak it will throw out your master dark.
- If the 163m behaves as the 1600MM then skip bias and stick to darks. Also do not check in DSS or PI the option to upsacle dark.
I made a pass of ABE + linear fit to Ha + pixel math with the blend
- R: H*.5 + S*.5
- G: H*.3 + O*.7
- B: O
and STF to HT.
here is the output > you can see how your lights are not calibrated correctly. Drop off DSS and use PI Batchprocessing if not already done.
Not a lot we can do on this one. Don't give up!
Hi again Axel,
This is so generous and kind from you to take time to play with my files.
1. I posted on Facebook about that i just received my Bahtinov masks in different sizes, it was a set of 5 masks, so hope soon i put them at use, and i will try to use APT this time over SGP.
2. My tracking is off means i didn't do good enough PA, but i used Polemaster more than twice to ensure it was good enough, and i also use guiding in this target, so all those were all a waste? what will make me to go out and try if all are done wrong or not proper yet?
3. I don't know about calibrating lights or data, i am still learning.
4. About that halos shows up in my SII i don't know what do you mean, do you mean the amp glow or light leak or halos around stars?
5. I don't know those steps to check out about the light leak, i mean i still don't get the picture of how to do it from your comment, should i stand in front of the scope or behind from the focuser side? do i do it with camera and filter wheel+filters intact or without? Until now i feel my ST80 isn't the best scope, and the flattener i use maybe not good enough, i really think wasting time on non APO scope won't help much maybe, if someone here who mentioned he had an issue with his camera QHY163 regardless which scope, so i don't expect mine will be any better then, so i hope later i can use either my Newtonian or to buy an APO and try again and see if i can see those light leak too.
6. If i am not mistaken, QHY163M is same as ASI1600MM, not sure but i believe they are, so i don't know why you will skip the bias then? I will make sure that i don't use upscale option in processing software although i don't remember i really chose that anyway, but thanks to mention that, good to learn.
Thank you very much again for playing with my files, your result is really nice, with more punch and processing in Photoshop it can look better, but there is one thing i have to mention, i still can't believe that i could get any nebula from my red zone area, thought maybe only Orion as it is bright enough or not much difficult doing vary exposures with it, but something else such as this target or most Cygnus region, i won't give up definitely, i barely started and to see those is like a dream became true.