I've always said "where there is a will there is a way". In my case, winning the lottery would sure help, but I have some toys that don't get used much, and by selling off some of them and doing some extra saving, I could possibly swing it.
As to whether the FPL 55 version will be worth it, for me the decision will have to wait until I can read some side by side tests, or at least good unbiased user reports about the capabilities of each version. Right now my guess is that I would go for the FPL 55, as it should have less CA, and probably better high magnification capabilities. When spending this much for an instrument, why not get the best? After a few years that $3000. wouldn't look so large.
Even if I will never own one of these, I get a lot of enjoyment in anticipating them coming on market and then reading user/tester reports about them, then scheming ways to be able to purchase one.