•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New APM 150 binocular update

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#176 Skittersqueek

Skittersqueek

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Collins Co.

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:24 PM

Can't help you about the 22 Nagler's, I've never looked through any tv eyepieces except the pair of 7 Delite's I bought for the 100mm Lunt bino.  I don't like them much due to the uncomfortable eyecups, (for me), narrow for, and critical eye placement.  For higher power I like the 6.5 Morpheus best, then the ES 4.7 82 degree pair, and the ES 6.7 82 last, a close finish to the Delite 7's.

My favorite eyepiece pair for the  Lunt 100 is the Docter 12.5's, with the Morpheus 17.5 being a close second.

Since I have no high powered telescope, my binoculars have to serve for any high power needs, thus the array of shorter eyepieces.

Have thought a lot about getting a decent refractor, but I just enjoy bino viewing so much more, I haven't made that investment and may not.

Rick 

Can attest 22 naglers in my 140mm tec bino rarely stay in their cases. Only the docters 12.5 come close in enjoyment. If you can the naglers are extremely worth it. Also incoming full review and pics when weather permits... here in colorado it has been abysmal viewing to say the least and does not look to be letting up. :(

#177 ZX12

ZX12

Ranger 4

• Loc: Rhode Island

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:55 PM

How do stars look near the edges in the TEC bino? I'm hoping they are as sharp as the 14mm Delos. The 17.3 has a bit of field curvature.

The 22 Nagler's field stop position might be a problem in the APM 150 since the 14mm and 17.3mm Delos are near the limit of in focus adjustment.

The 22 Nagler requires more in focus according to the Televue chart. 

Mike

#178 Skittersqueek

Skittersqueek

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Collins Co.

Posted 26 May 2019 - 11:40 AM

To be honest when I put them in I just lose myself in the view and don't really pay attention..If memory serves me correct there is a smidge perhaps more noticeable when sweeping.. I will have to check but again the views no matter what eyepiece is in are amazing. I wish someone here in Colorado had a 150APM to side by side compare, I will be using the APM100mm 45deg as the next best thing to side compare. The eyepieces I have at my disposal are the Delos 4.5mm, Docter 12.5, Morpheus 17.5mm, and Nagler 22mm. 

Again the 22 Naglers just have such a big field of view paired with amazing pinpoint accuracy the only reason I use more them than the Docter's is because of the field of view.

(edit: I have not had the opportunity to use the Morpheus yet but am very anxious!)

Edited by Skittersqueek, 26 May 2019 - 11:41 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics