•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Who is waiting for the Baader Maxbright Mark 2?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 emilslomi

emilslomi

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Alps

Posted Yesterday, 01:10 PM

If there is no need for a large aperture the new mirror binoviewer that some vendors offer may be an option.

Cheers, Emil

• junomike likes this

#27 Astrojensen

Astrojensen

Voyager 1

• Loc: Bornholm, Denmark

Posted Yesterday, 02:14 PM

If there is no need for a large aperture the new mirror binoviewer that some vendors offer may be an option.

Cheers, Emil

I was thinking of it, but since I've heard very mixed reviews of it, I hesitate to recommend it.

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

#28 roadi

roadi

Apollo

• Loc: Denmark

Posted Yesterday, 02:21 PM

Had those. A decent design. But since I do not need 20mm clear aperture, I could use lighter / smaller. And would be willing to pay for this, but nothing is available.

An option may be one of the older 60 degree angled from baader also branded as celestron on the used marked If you can find a pair?

No need for glas path corrector or Barlow.

They only have 17mm clear aperture on both telescope and eyepiece side. Optically they are realy good. I once had one of these and used it a lot with especially the mewlon 210 I had. Excellent planetary views sharp and contrasty.

Theres a review here on CN comparing different binoviewers including a celestron branded unit.

Only downside I found with these are the Eyepiece holders which has setscrews, hence decentering can occur. Theres a solution for this. 

Edited by roadi, Yesterday, 02:23 PM.

#29 roadi

roadi

Apollo

• Loc: Denmark

Posted Yesterday, 02:29 PM

Cheers, Emil

I´ve thought a lot about these but can´t decide between those and the TS unit. Might take a chance on a pair after Christmas.

#30 nicknacknock

nicknacknock

A man of many qualities, even if they are mostly bad ones

• Administrators
  • Loc: Nicosia, Cyprus

Posted Today, 01:08 AM

An option may be one of the older 60 degree angled from baader also branded as celestron on the used marked If you can find a pair?

No need for glas path corrector or Barlow.

They only have 17mm clear aperture on both telescope and eyepiece side. Optically they are realy good. I once had one of these and used it a lot with especially the mewlon 210 I had. Excellent planetary views sharp and contrasty.

Theres a review here on CN comparing different binoviewers including a celestron branded unit.

Only downside I found with these are the Eyepiece holders which has setscrews, hence decentering can occur. Theres a solution for this. 

Yeah, I am thinking of those as well at some point.

Re the new mirror binoviewers - the reviews I read indicate they are not suitable for high magnification work, so no go for m,e.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics