•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron RASA 8" or Edge HD 8" with a HyperStar?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 erniekabob

erniekabob

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Southampton, Massachusetts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

I'm not sure you can call this a reply. I'm new at all this stuff, I have the Nexstar Evolution 8 Edge HD with the StarSense AutoAlign. I was reading the material that came with it, and there was something to the effect that you can remove the secondary ring and secondary mirror. Allowing you to convert it from the f/10 to f/2 for astrophotography use. Does this make sense to you? I bought a ccc camera which I think is suppose to mount where the angle eye piece goes.

I want to get into astrophtog and trying to learn as much as possible

#52 Blade71

Blade71

Lift Off

Posted 06 July 2019 - 11:39 AM

The secondary mirror can be removed and you can install the starizona hyperstar and the ccd or CMOS camera will be mounted to the hyperstar for f/2 speed. I would highly recommend first to start using the edge 8 with camera in the back and use a 0.7 focal reducer and start learning before moving forward with the hyperstar. Learn AP with your current set up and you’ll be ready for the hyperstar in no time. Did you get an equatorial mount when you got your scope and the Starsense? 

• JP50515 likes this

#53 JP50515

JP50515

Viking 1

Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

The secondary mirror can be removed and you can install the starizona hyperstar and the ccd or CMOS camera will be mounted to the hyperstar for f/2 speed. I would highly recommend first to start using the edge 8 with camera in the back and use a 0.7 focal reducer and start learning before moving forward with the hyperstar. Learn AP with your current set up and you’ll be ready for the hyperstar in no time. Did you get an equatorial mount when you got your scope and the Starsense? 

I'd highly suggest you learn AP on an entirely different telescope. Get a small refractor 

• lucutes and NuclearRoy like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics