•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NEAIC 2019

astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

Vendor (NEAIC - North East Astro Imaging Conference)

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: New York

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:01 PM

Extremely excited to attend NEAIC this year-  My second NEAF, but first NEAIC.  Myself and three of my society members are flying in Wednesday!  Booked at the Crowne and looking forward to it!

Matt, I'm happy to hear  that you guys are coming, I'm very hopeful it will not be your last, have you registered? i ask because i don't see you in my data base, PM me if you did register.

#27 BillyBoyBoy

BillyBoyBoy

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

Hi Bob,

Registered and travel done!  Can't wait!  I had little doubt that after my first attendance last year, I would be returning. 

Regarding the four workshops... Do I take it the Workshops #1 and #2 are running concurrently on day one of NEAIC and Workshops #3 and #4 are running concurrently on day two of NEAIC?  That's how it was last year, and it meant that if one wanted to attend a workshop each night, it meant choosing either #1 OR #2, and then #3 OR #4.  Is that still the case this year?

Regarding the workshop content... Can there be some deeper detail on the content of the workshops?  At very least, something about Workshop #1?  Maybe I'm out of the know, but I'm not sure what 'The Last Crusade, The Holy Grail' means to Gordon Haynes, so for the money and a potential need to choose, it would be good to know what I'm signing up for grin.gif

Thanks!

Bill

#28 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

Hi Bob,

Registered and travel done!  Can't wait!  I had little doubt that after my first attendance last year, I would be returning. 

Regarding the four workshops... Do I take it the Workshops #1 and #2 are running concurrently on day one of NEAIC and Workshops #3 and #4 are running concurrently on day two of NEAIC?  That's how it was last year, and it meant that if one wanted to attend a workshop each night, it meant choosing either #1 OR #2, and then #3 OR #4.  Is that still the case this year?

Regarding the workshop content... Can there be some deeper detail on the content of the workshops?  At very least, something about Workshop #1?  Maybe I'm out of the know, but I'm not sure what 'The Last Crusade, The Holy Grail' means to Gordon Haynes, so for the money and a potential need to choose, it would be good to know what I'm signing up for grin.gif

Thanks!

Bill

Bill, Yes they run concurrently. as for the talks, As soon as i get the info from the speakers i'll be posting it

#29 Paramount

Paramount

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Hereford UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 06:52 PM

Hi Bob,

Registered and travel done! Can't wait! I had little doubt that after my first attendance last year, I would be returning.

Regarding the four workshops... Do I take it the Workshops #1 and #2 are running concurrently on day one of NEAIC and Workshops #3 and #4 are running concurrently on day two of NEAIC? That's how it was last year, and it meant that if one wanted to attend a workshop each night, it meant choosing either #1 OR #2, and then #3 OR #4. Is that still the case this year?

Regarding the workshop content... Can there be some deeper detail on the content of the workshops? At very least, something about Workshop #1? Maybe I'm out of the know, but I'm not sure what 'The Last Crusade, The Holy Grail' means to Gordon Haynes, so for the money and a potential need to choose, it would be good to know what I'm signing up for grin.gif

Thanks!

Bill

Hi Bill
The title of my workshop is a bit of a play on words. The Last Crusade was the Indiana Jones movie where he searched for the Holy Grail. The Holy Grail in astro time lapse is a time lapse movie that runs from day to night, night to day or day to night and back to day, my workshop will be looking at how to set up an automated exposure ramping set up and how to process the data to create a smooth transitioning time lapse video
Hope this helps
Best wishes
Gordon
  • George N likes this

#30 BillyBoyBoy

BillyBoyBoy

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

Posted 04 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

Yes, thank you Gordon. I can't believe I missed the IJ reference. Guess it's been a while since I've seem that one. Ha.

Thank you Guy-Who-Runs-NEAIC for the response about the workshop info, and for all your and your team's work to make the event what it is!

Can't wait.

Bill

#31 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:08 AM

Yes, thank you Gordon. I can't believe I missed the IJ reference. Guess it's been a while since I've seem that one. Ha.

Thank you Guy-Who-Runs-NEAIC for the response about the workshop info, and for all your and your team's work to make the event what it is!

Can't wait.

Bill

Thanks BillBoyBoy, if you only knew the work that goes into it no one would come....LOL

#32 A. Viegas

A. Viegas

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: New York City/ CT

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:37 PM

Almost every year I ask the same question. Namely I wish there was just a single day Friday option for NEAIC. For those of us who are kind of local taking a day off is do-able... two days not really.

Al

#33 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 14 February 2019 - 09:18 PM

Al, as always if you give me a all i'll see what i can do for you as i have with others over the years.

The big issue is the way the hotel calculates the food cost, lets say that thu. we have 225 people and Fri we have 250 people 25 more the hotel charges me for the 250 not the 225 and that could add up to a bit of $$$$$. that extra cost has to be made up some how, and how is that done? by charging every one more!

So if you want to come one day PM me and we will talk. 

#34 A. Viegas

A. Viegas

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: New York City/ CT

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

Thx Bob. Pm sent

#35 Bob Moore

Bob Moore

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 06:33 PM

Thx Bob. Pm sent

PM replyed

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics