•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

LX10 focusing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 imbored20

imbored20

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:07 PM

Im looking for a relativly cheap way to improve the focusing in my lx10. I have a tough time because its a very coarse focusing knob. I also have a bit of trouble with vibration when focusing at high powers. I know meade makes an electric focuser for it, but i didnt really want to spend that much.

Does anyone have any experience with the fine focus knob on scopestuff? Will it do any good?

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:48 PM

I've used one on a C11 and it made precise focussing a little easier.

#3 imbored20

imbored20

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:55 PM

just a little easier? maybe ill just convince myself to get meade's electric focuser.. anyone care to share how these work?

#4 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:09 PM

I guess I should have phrased that more precisely. I never found it difficult to focus the C11 as it was, but with the scopestuff ring added it was a little easier yet. For visual use I'd not have bothered but I was fooling around with a camera and precise focusing is more critical that way since the camera can't compensate over a range of focus positions as the eye can.

#5 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:09 PM

If you get the Meade Electric Focuser, let me know how it turns out. I have an LX10 also, and have been trying to figure out what to do about the focus.

#6 Don W

Don W

demi-god

• Administrators

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:22 PM

I always liked the system with the motor replacing the normal focus knob. I've used the JMI NGF too but it's pretty expensive unless you use it for imaging too.

#7 imbored20

imbored20

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:09 PM

Its looking like the meade focuser is the way to go. It is the only one that will let you keep the knob exposed so coarse focusing would still be available. I just wish it wasnt so expensive... maybe I can find one on astromart.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics