•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Any 3 inch Barlow lenses made?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 25585

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: In a valley, in the UK. Dark end of the street.

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:30 AM

I only know of the 3 inch Paracorr.

#2 junomike

junomike

ISS

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 06 October 2018 - 06:57 AM

No market for such IMO as most 3" eyepieces are long F/L used for low magnification in observatory class OTA's.

#3 OleCuss

OleCuss

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:09 AM

If you actually want one, you'll probably want/need to contact Harry Siebert:  http://www.siebertop...80mm 4 eyepiece the relevant part is near the bottom of that page.  I'm betting they are a low-volume product and he makes them as they are ordered so I'd expect a bit of a wait.

He'll even make 4" if you need it.  He also makes some really long focal length eyepieces and such.

#4 TOMDEY

TOMDEY

Cosmos

• Loc: Springwater, NY

Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

That does indeed go against the philosophy of 3-inch provision for visual use... which is the intent to avail VERY long EFL eyepieces.

But... one could easily Make giant Barlow be fitting good negative achromat to a tube...  Tom

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics