•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars - Oct. 10 from CT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pete Gorczynski

Pete Gorczynski

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Oxford, CT USA

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

I had a very short window of time last night before the clouds rolled in. Seeing was about average (3/5). The SPC is extremely bright in relationship to the rest of the planet, so I had to take great care not to burn out detail during processing.

Pete G.

Mars-2018-10-10-RGB.jpg

Mars-2018-10-10-IR610.jpg

• Sunspot, John Boudreau, eros312 and 15 others like this

#2 TonyStar

TonyStar

Viking 1

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

Pete, you got incredible coverage of this Mars apparation, seems to me any available clear day (regardless of seeing)waytogo.gif waytogo.gif  Are you going to make a movie or something with all these pics?  

#3 Pete Gorczynski

Pete Gorczynski

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Oxford, CT USA

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:45 PM

Pete, you got incredible coverage of this Mars apparation, seems to me any available clear day (regardless of seeing)waytogo.gif waytogo.gif  Are you going to make a movie or something with all these pics?  

Thanks Tony.  Being recently retired and having an observatory with good southern coverage helps a lot.  We also had unusually good seeing this apparition.  This was a very humid and endless summer, with the jet stream very far up to the north.  I am considering to make a poster out of these images, like I did in 2005 and again in 2007/2008.

Pete G.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics