•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Here we go again this evening

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grif 678

grif 678

Apollo

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

After a devastating time with Florence, The remains of hurricane Micheal is coming right through our area from about 2 pm this evening until 7pm. We are to have 50 to 60mph winds then heavy rains, and a level three chance of tornadoes ( which is actually high for us). The track of the remaining eye has it coming straight over Raleigh, which I live about 15 miles from. So I hope the big pine tree hanging over the end of our house will stand up. Expecting power outages also. At least this is a fast moving storm should be gone by the morning, not staying in one place for days like Florence did. So if we do lose power, and the winds cease before morning, I may get out my small scope if the winds are not still hanging around. We would have a dark sky in the neighborhood for a change, but hopefully not a long time.

#2 donniesoprano

donniesoprano

Ranger 4

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:27 AM

Now that's making lemons out of lemonade!

We got some of the northern bands through Atlanta last night through early morning, fortunately no big damage up my way, and only a few inches of rain...Sky is blue with puffy clouds right now...mostly blew through by ~ 10am.

ds

#3 RyanSem

RyanSem

Mariner 2

• Loc: Marietta, GA

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

North of Atlanta here too, lost power for a few minutes and that was it. Today's sky is looking nice - that's the positive part of a fast moving storm! This weekend is tentatively looking good as well - hope it holds. 

#4 Swanny

Swanny

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Tucson, AZ

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

It even clouded up in Tucson last night..........

#5 donniesoprano

donniesoprano

Ranger 4

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

North of Atlanta here too, lost power for a few minutes and that was it. Today's sky is looking nice - that's the positive part of a fast moving storm! This weekend is tentatively looking good as well - hope it holds. 

Hmm..prob within a couple of miles of you, 30067.  Fortunately, we didn't lose power, but we generally don't, either.

ds

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics