•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade 10" SCT History?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76 Mitrovarr

Mitrovarr

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Boise, Idaho

Posted 01 May 2019 - 11:24 AM

There's a reason for all the deforking. I can see why you like the m8 on a fork but the m10 is a whole different beast. I'd rather set up a c14 than an m10 on a fork.

Also, the original fork mount isn't great on these. I tried it out before I deforked it and it was substantially worse in terms of stability than the AVX, even with the AVX being at its limit.

#77 John Rogers

John Rogers

Messenger

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:41 AM

For the record, the LX6 was introduced in late 1988.  I purchased one when they first became available:

LX6_Receipt.jpg

• bbqediguana likes this

#78 jgraham

jgraham

ISS

• Loc: Miami Valley Astronomical Society

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:52 AM

Coolness! It's great to see references to the original documentation. LX6 Premier it is!

I still get a kick out of having deforked and then reforked my 10" LX6 Premier. It makes a wonderful visual scope. For imaging I have deforked a couple of 8" and 10" f/10s and f/6.3s and use them on an Atlas.

Fun stuff!

#79 John Rogers

John Rogers

Messenger

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:38 AM

This one is the straight LX6.  The Premier version came out later.  The major difference is that the Premier had the improved periodic error correction (PEC) drive system.

Meade_LX6_Base.jpeg

You will note that it has a green border around the Meade emblem.  The later Premier version had an orange border around the letter "S".

• bbqediguana likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics