•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC1514 with more Chroma 3 nm filter testing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Surveyor 1

• topic starter

Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

Last night was a clear fairly steady night but with a bright moon so full LRGB imaging was out. I still don't have an S2 filter so the image of NGC1514 in Taurus was captured with an HA/OIII combination with some L to give the stars back to the image.

This image completes my testing of the Chroma OIII filter and I'm really happy with it as I've found no bloom or significant halo's. My next purchase will be the Chroma SII filter.

This is the first time I've imaged this target and I understand it is a visual challenge but appears quite bright in OIII & HA.

I used the C14 at F7 with Chroma OIII 3nm filter 9 x 20 minutes Atik 460 2x2 bin

7 HA Baader 3.5nm enforced 7 x 20 minutes Aik 460 2x2 bin

65 Baader UV/cut 60 seconds Atik 460 2x2 bin

Processed in Pixinsight & Photoshop CS6

As always let me know your thoughts- I would like to try again with more HA & OIII but I ran out of time.

NGC1514_LHAO3.jpg

• PrestonE, psandelle, mumbles and 2 others like this

#2 mumbles

mumbles

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Adirondacks

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics