•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Time Image of Saturn

astrophotography planet beginner cassegrain Celestron EAA imaging
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sandconp

sandconp

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Minnesota USA

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:43 PM

I wanted to post my first time image of a planet and wanted to get any opinions. I used Sharpcap to get the image then used AutoStakker 2 to stack the image then tweaked it a bit in Pixinsight.  I did not alter any of the colors in the image just sharpened it a bit.

I just downloaded Pixinsight on a trial and did not do that much with it just used the Restoration Filter and Sample Format Conversion that I found on You Tube.

Any constructive criticism is welcome since this is my first attempt at imaging or any other way I could improve the image with Pixinsight.  I put the image out on Astrobin hoping to get some comments.  Would that be the right place to put my image to get any comments or here?

https://www.astrobin.com/373171/

• Starman27, marsbase and wa5dxp like this

#2 eros312

eros312

Ranger 4

• Loc: Tampa, FL

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:58 PM

Looks good for your first time. Your best bet for any help you need would be on the Solar System Imaging and Processing forum here on CN. Also helpful is including specifics like scope, camera, frame rate, and length of capture.

#3 Adun

Adun

Vanguard

Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:59 PM

There's a red edge that I've seen on my Mars pics, but in your Saturn it's rather pronounced.

I don't know if it's CA (¿perhaps caused by a Barlow?) or just atmospheric dispersion, ¿Anybody got a clue?

I'm placing it inline for everybody to see:

VIMiHyKW3TSV_620x0_wmhqkGbg.jpg

Edited by Adun, 21 October 2018 - 10:04 PM.

#4 eros312

eros312

Ranger 4

• Loc: Tampa, FL

Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:25 PM

Dispersion. Red on bottom, blue on top.

#5 APshooter

APshooter

Gemini

• Loc: Camby, In.

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

You can realign the channels in Registax.  At some point you can try and ADC, that will help too.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, planet, beginner, cassegrain, Celestron, EAA, imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics