I do not have a fixed observatory so I have to transport my gear to a dark location and sometimes my guide camera gets moved and I have to re-calibrate PHD2. Last night when I tried to calibrate, I kept getting the error "calibration failure RA star did not move enough".
- I was pointing at Altair so the declination was about 8 degrees (PHD2 wants the calibration done with 5-20 degrees declination)
- the star in the cross hairs on the right side of the PHD2 screen (PHD2 auto selected the star) moves about 2/3 of the total available scale by about 55-60 steps
- I played with the settings at the bottom of the screen for min step size, etc but still get the error.
- as far as I can tell, nothing has changed in my setup - other than adding Polemaster a few weeks ago - the PHD2 stars are nice and tight with a good pointed light distribution
- at about 60 steps West the error pops up even though the star looks like it is moving plenty far enough
Any ideas where I should start for troubleshooting this issue?