•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Impression Motormax 90

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 Topcat

Topcat

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:26 PM

Just got a new Konus Motormax 90. I wanted a quick grab-n- go that had an eq. mount. Well, the skies haven't been cooperating so I can't comment on it optically yet. Overall fit and finish is not bad. I believe the mount is about the same as a Starmax. Chinese fasteners are the next best thing to holding it all together with Silly Putty. I'll be replacing them with higher quality cap screws. Not really a huge deal. The optical tube is nicely finished and the focus control and flip mirror system work smoothly. The finder scope has a nice wide field and adjusts fairly easy. I think an Orion red dot would be better however. A motor drive and batteries comes with it. Motor drive has speed adjustment and can be set for either Hemisphere. Sounds like your grinding coffee beans when operating though....(Maybe it will chase Mosquitos away???)Moon filter and 2 eyepieces where also included. If it's optics prove to be decent, I'll say it was a pretty good deal. Just waiting for a clear night now.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics