•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Protostar ATM parts customer service issues?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 visuallearner

visuallearner

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:35 AM

Have any other ATM'ers had issues contacting Protostar? I have sent several emails and made several phone calls regarding an order that I placed, but have received no reply or contact. I ordered the wrong size secondary, sent it back a couple of weeks ago and have not received any contact or refund.

#2 Augustus

Augustus

Fly Me To The Moon

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:44 AM

Common problem.

I wouldn't have sent it back until you heard from them......

#3 visuallearner

visuallearner

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 02 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

Too bad, hopefully something will come of it. I filed a dispute on the transaction but it shouldn't of come to that... I sent another email telling him to close shop if he doesn't want to care for customers anymore. 

• Augustus likes this

#4 petert913

petert913

Gemini

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

Looking on Google, it seems Protostar has been leaving customers out in the cold since at least 2013.

Too late for this advice, but I would suggest people avoid this supplier (said Captain Obvious).

• visuallearner and Augustus like this

#5 10001110101

Vostok 1

• Loc: SE Ohio

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:02 PM

I ordered some flockboard for my Z8 earlier this year. Little communication, but it did arrive. Hopefully your refund will show up. No excuse if he stiffs you, but I believe the owner also has a full time job along with his business.

Edited by 10001110101, 02 November 2018 - 01:02 PM.

• Augustus likes this

#6 Sam Danigelis

Sam Danigelis

Mariner 2

• Loc: Excelsior Springs, MO

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

I ordered a spider a couple months ago and it came on time. Even when one of the parts was defective, they answered my email and sent a replacement Priority Mail. I'm guessing it's challenging to run this as a side business. For many hobbyists, suppliers tend to be a small cottage industry.

#7 Steve Dodds

Steve Dodds

Owner - Nova Optical

• Vendors
  • Loc: Utah

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:19 PM

You have nobody to blame except yourself, even a little bit of searching would have turned up hundreds maybe thousands of horror stories.

• airbleeder, bvillebob and Augustus like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics