•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

hard decision?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 terraclarke

terraclarke

Hubble

• Loc: Third from the Sun

Posted 05 November 2018 - 08:09 AM

If you take a look at the current CN Classifieds you have no doubt noticed the number of fine classic scopes that are languishing in the For Sale adds- more Unitrons at one time than I can remember, a very rare RAO Sears refractor, etc. It makes me think that threads like this one and the recently deceased “Don’t Leave Me With All This Stuff” thread has got lots of us thinking of the inevitable, especially us older CN’ers. We are now thinning things out or thinking of doing that. Others are thinking, ‘I can’t keep accumulating all this stuff.’ The bottom seems to be faling out of the classic scope market. I am glad that I have reduced my numbers and am no longer buying much. I do have one and only one that ‘might’ be going left and that is a big ‘might’; and I am on the wait list for one that will be coming soon hopefully, I hope wiill be worth keeping; but the number will remain, pretty much static for me. Anyway, I do wonder if all this morose talk in such threads has any effect on the market? hmm.gif

• otocycle, rcwolpert, Augustus and 1 other like this

#27 rcwolpert

rcwolpert

Vanguard

• Loc: South Hutchinson Island, Florida

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:53 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Might be a buyer's market!

• terraclarke likes this

#28 otocycle

otocycle

Apollo

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:15 PM

I have been moving more stuff out the door because of changing needs (imaging vs. visual due to floaters/cataracts) and less collecting/hoarding, although I still browse the ads and auction listings.   The listings that get to me are the ones where the description starts with...."This was my late husband's telescope....".

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics