•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What's in the boxes

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#126 terraclarke

terraclarke

Hubble

• Loc: Third from the Sun

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:38 PM

The C9.25 is considerably heavier than a C8 and SCTs are definitely a different kettle of fish as opposed to refractors even though both orient the same way with regards to eyepiece to sky. I would recommend finding a nice C8 to start with. You can always trade up later. For me, I have loved the C9.25s that I have looked through but getting one is out of the question because of the size. I learned my lesson with the Meade 10” I had briefly, granted Meades are heavier than Celestrons inch per inch.

• Defenderslideguitar likes this

#127 rolo

rolo

Cosmos

• Loc: GA

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:16 AM

Rollo,

Hey there   I dont mean to pry or push   but  I am kind of curious about that C-9.25

While I am probably always going to be hung up on refractors     I am intrigued by the sct as a light gathering and  planet viewing option.  I think I'll alway  BOLO for an old C-8   but the 9.25 seems managable     not sure what I would mount one on     GP2   or  AVX   I ran into  but not set up yet?

or bigger mount?

So having said all this      no rush  but when you to get the time to use it   fill us in when you can Thanks

B

An AVX size will carry it just fine as long as it has real bearings and not a thrust bearing surface.

I DPAC tested this one yesterday and it's very, very good for an SCT. No turned edges, pretty straight lines, minimal radial corrector marks. It should be an excellent performer. Based on other DPAC test I've seen on line it's easily better than a 1/4 wave. I've DPAC three of these and all have been very good to excellent. Highly recommended. 

I also DPAC the FS128 and it's just beautiful, straight even lines!

Edited by rolo, 30 November 2018 - 08:18 AM.

• terraclarke, Bomber Bob and Defenderslideguitar like this

#128 Defenderslideguitar

Defenderslideguitar

Viking 1

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:26 PM

I also DPAC the FS128 and it's just beautiful, straight even lines!

What and awesome instrument the FS-128 must be.........

• rolo likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics