•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mirror re-coating

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chardo

Chardo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Royal Oak, Michigan. USA

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:18 PM

Looking at an old 10" Dodsonian. The mirror will(may) need re-coating and and maybe re figuring.
Can anyone give me an idea where to get this done and how much each service might cost?

#2 OleCuss

OleCuss

Surveyor 1

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:50 PM

I've used Optic Wave Labs out here in California.  I'd use them again.  They're part of Optical Structures, Inc.

http://www.opticwave...com/coating.php

I'm not saying that they are necessarily better or cheaper or anything else (I'm not the expert on this stuff), just that I've used them and I was very happy with the result.

• havasman likes this

#3 havasman

havasman

Cosmos

• ****-
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

I plan to have my XT10i mirror re-done and O.W.L. is at the top of my list. They test 1st and can both re-figure as needed and recoat. See their website.

#4 Chardo

Chardo

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Royal Oak, Michigan. USA

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:46 AM

OWL?

#5 perfessor

perfessor

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northern Illinois

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

http://www.opticwavelabs.com/

#6 OleCuss

OleCuss

Surveyor 1

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

OWL?

Optic Wave Laboratories.  See my previous link to get to their page with their options and prices.

But do remember.  There may be someone closer to you who will also do a great job - I just don't know who that is and thus cannot help you with that.

For me OWL is a great choice because I can literally drive there in a reasonable time frame and I have great confidence in their willingness and ability to do a great job.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics