•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASI294MC on AltAz: It works! The Pleiades

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cuivienor

cuivienor

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Tokyo, Japan

Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:48 PM

Well, I made my way to the US now, and we drove to Yosemite. We had taken my lightest possible imaging gear: light photo tripod, AZ-GTi mount, Canon 200mm f2.8 lens, and ASI294MC Pro. We were quite busy so I had very little time yesterday evening, but I managed to get just 45 minutes of data (140x20s) in AltAz, from a meadow not far from the Upper Pines camping ground. From one used to the light pollution in Tokyo, the result is amazing!

So it seems that Alt-Az is a perfectly decent way to get data with such a fast sensor, which is good news!

Attached Thumbnails

• Processed_Small.jpg

• Don W, Scott Mitchell, John Harrington and 16 others like this

#2 aneeg

aneeg

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Nesodden, Norway

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:57 AM

Great result!

#3 Scott Mitchell

Scott Mitchell

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Atlanta-ish, GA

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:01 AM

Nice! It went really deep with very little exposure time. Aren't dark skies amazing?

#4 AhBok

AhBok

Surveyor 1

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

I had a 294 before getting my 071. One thing that amazed me about the 294 was its amazing sensitivity as shown here!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics