•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Synscan handset dead

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zi Hao

Zi Hao

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:52 AM

Okay, so I decided to update my synscan handset when I got the USB to RS232 adapter online, I carefully followed all the procedure, it was either can't connect to synscan or update failed and cycle power again, sometimes it works but still the furthest it can go is 16%. I tried multiple times...check the cables, off the power, reconnect, again and again, eventually I gave up. And then I connect my handset to the mount, and set my equipments up as usual, I realized my handset was dead even though all the cables and power were properly connected, but the handset did actually beeped after I connected the power supply to the power port after I press 8 and 0 simultaneously. I am not sure what's wrong with my handset. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. thanks.

#2 pscm

pscm

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Maine

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:36 PM

I believe I read somewhere in the past the the transfer rate doesn't play nice with certain setups when updating.  Try slowing the transfer rate.  It will take longer but should give you a successful update.  I believe what you are seeing is common  and the file is now essentially corrupt.  Until you get a complete update installed you will struggle.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics