•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NEW Explore Scientific EXOS-2 GT GoTo EQ Mount Firmware Update Cable

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry Hubbell

Jerry Hubbell

Vendor-Explore Scientific

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Locust Grove, VA, USA

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:43 AM

We are pleased to announce the availability of our new firmware update cable for the EXOS-2 GT GoTo EQ mount hand controller. 

This cable available here  https://www.explores...os2gt-cable-set will allow you to update the firmware on the hand controller for the EXOS-2 GT GoTo EQ mount  that enables computer access and control via the Bresser ASCOM compatible driver. This driver is in development and is not yet feature complete. It will allow you to use third party ASCOM client applications such as Sequence Generator Pro, Cartes du Ciel, or Maxim DL to control your mount via the ASCOM interface. 

Please contact Explore Scientific Customer Support at +1 (866) 252-3811 for more information.

• mandopickr, Rock22 and FlankerOneTwo like this

#2 Rock22

Rock22

Vostok 1

• Loc: Diamond Bar, California

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:37 PM

We are pleased to announce the availability of our new firmware update cable for the EXOS-2 GT GoTo EQ mount hand controller. 

This cable available here  https://www.explores...os2gt-cable-set will allow you to update the firmware on the hand controller for the EXOS-2 GT GoTo EQ mount  that enables computer access and control via the Bresser ASCOM compatible driver. This driver is in development and is not yet feature complete. It will allow you to use third party ASCOM client applications such as Sequence Generator Pro, Cartes du Ciel, or Maxim DL to control your mount via the ASCOM interface. 

Please contact Explore Scientific Customer Support at +1 (866) 252-3811 for more information.

Purchased!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!applause.gif band2.sml.gif banjodance.gif dalek12.gif Ihavenojoints.gif rockon.gif snoopy2.gif ubetcha.gif whee.gif

Edited by Rock22, 09 November 2018 - 12:38 PM.

#3 FlankerOneTwo

FlankerOneTwo

Messenger

• Loc: Vegas, baby!

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:09 PM

That's great! Thanks very much, off to the website!

#4 Gustoresto

Gustoresto

Lift Off

• Loc: Ottsville PA

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:27 PM

Besides allowing a computer connection, does the "upgrade" correct glitches in the software that have troubled the JOC handset?    I want to keep using the handset.   Thx  Gus

#5 Acer

Acer

Vostok 1

• Loc: Loveland, CO

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:28 PM

Wow,

So now that makes my choice much harder.

The EXOS-2 GT Go-To, or the EXOS-2 PMC-Eight.  I was leaning towards the PMC-8, but it is $240 more expensive, and now with the GT having computer control, I don't know.

The PMC-8 still has the belt drive though.   I wish the PMC-8 came in white.

#6 nicoyenny

nicoyenny

Viking 1

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:57 AM

Noted, will purchase asap.

#7 carlsonmjc

carlsonmjc

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

Jerry, I am having no trouble with my Exos 2 mount. I have no interest in running by ASCOM, just the hand controller. Is there any advantage to purchasing this cable and just upgrading the firmware? Any new options or features?

Thanks for your work.

Mark C

#8 Jerry Hubbell

Jerry Hubbell

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:42 PM

I have not actually tested the firmware upgrade myself this was developed by Bresser Germany. If one want's to assume, you can figure that they would have corrected the issues that were hanging out there with the HC along with making the serial interface active. I would hope so. Customer Support may have the answer to that, but I haven't heard one way or the other.

#9 Jerry Hubbell

Jerry Hubbell

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:46 PM

Wow,

So now that makes my choice much harder.

The EXOS-2 GT Go-To, or the EXOS-2 PMC-Eight.  I was leaning towards the PMC-8, but it is $240 more expensive, and now with the GT having computer control, I don't know.

The PMC-8 still has the belt drive though.   I wish the PMC-8 came in white.

Nothing that a little white paint won't take care of!  I felt the same way when I bought my Skywatcher EQ6 Pro 10 years ago from a dealer in Canada because I wanted a white mount. I could have saved a few hundred dollars by purchasing the Orion Atlas mount and painting it white, LOL!

#10 ThatsMyCoffee

ThatsMyCoffee

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Czech Republic

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:41 AM

I was excited until I realized it's PC only and does not ship to my country.   :(

#11 Rock22

Rock22

Vostok 1

• Loc: Diamond Bar, California

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

I was excited until I realized it's PC only and does not ship to my country.   frown.gif

You should double-check this. The software download seems to have a mac folder. The cable is necessary only to connect hand controller to computer using USB.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics