•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Dew Advice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

Apollo

• topic starter

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:22 PM

Because I've always been a summer observer I've only occasionally run into dew issues. Now that I am mostly EAA and imaging I have to take the jump as I've missed a couple of the rare fall/winter clear nights due to dew. Looking at an Astro zap controller and DewNot heaters, probably with have to run 3 (scope/EP/guider). Anyone want  to give me some advice. Also getting a LapDome for the Laptop running sharpcap and TeamViewer. Looking for any and all advice. Budget  about $300 total.

#2 junomike

junomike

Voyager 1

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ontario

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:36 PM

If you plan on running 3 or more Dew Heaters, a 4 channel Controller might be beneficial.

Not cheap however.

#3 Cfreerksen

Cfreerksen

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Tooele, Ut

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:48 PM

I just ordered this and a couple heaters. http://r-sky.org/en/products#aut they have a dual finder heater that looks pretty cool. They are really responsive and I have not seen any bad reviews.  They are located in Russia and have good prices for a fully automatic heater controller like Dewbuster.

Chris

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics