•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

gso 12'' f4 truss tube moonlight focuser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yobbo89

yobbo89

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:59 PM

Hi all ,i'm rob from Brisbane in Australia,i've been imaging for about 3 years now and loving it!,

i'm having problems with my scope and have a bit of focuser slop especialy when meridian flipping which is causing shift in different locations in the image train,currently looking for an upgrade but i don't know what i need to fit a moonlight focuser 

currently have a maxi filter wheel (9x2'') ,Skywatcher aplanatic Coma Corrector and a asi 1600,total weighing at 2.7kg

my focus point is about 180-185mm from the  plate that the focuser sits on. the current focuser is a few mm short from focus so i have to use a 3d printed washer,(attached photo in the post).to achieve focus.the washer is about 35mm wide which lets me rack in the focuser 1/2 way in. all the load is on the middle of the coma corrector, this is my second coma corrector,the middle element cracked from temperature and stress on the previous one.it's an expensive come corrector frown.gif . which calls for that i need the correct length draw tube.

2.7kg @ 180mm is calling for a more sturdy focuser. 

someone has the same scope here at cn and a 2.5'' focuser but not much info is given about attaching it .

I have to purchase my parts from local and other parts of the world so it makes it a bit hard to ask for a supplier who has all the items to test fit,i hope someone who has a similar setup can help me,thanks

https://www.cloudyni...russ-newtonian/    here is also an image to share for everyone of sombrero galaxy that i took earlier this year,can't wait to see it again!.

Attached Thumbnails

• focuspoint.jpg
  • rgbsombrerofin.jpg

• jim kuhns and Augustus like this

#2 yobbo89

yobbo89

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:10 AM

I emailed some retailers and no luck, might give moonlight an email today.

#3 magiclight

magiclight

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: New Zealand

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:43 PM

Ron at Moonlite sells the adapter to the gso 12'' f4 focusing plate for moonlite focusers.

Dave

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics