•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars 11-16-2018

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:56 PM

Last night clear weather and tolerable seeing came along, so I went out with the Celestron and set up at a site where a hospital once stood. Despite being only ten arc-seconds across, I was seeing surface features on the disk on the lap top screen. As usual, I used a 2X TeleVue Barlow and ZWO Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector between the telescope and the ZWO ASI 290MC camera. I recorded four minute AVI files at a resolution of 548 X 548 pixels, with a frame rate in excess of 110 fps. I combine two of the best AVI files and used 6,000 of the 40,000 frames to get this image. The seeing was not great and had it been I would have used a 3X Barlow to partially compensate for Mars' increasing distance from Earth. At this time it's some 84,000,000 miles away.

Taras

Attached Thumbnails

• mars_11_16_2018_20_50_282.jpg

Edited by Achernar, 17 November 2018 - 09:59 PM.

• Pete Gorczynski, troyt, eros312 and 5 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics