I called and expressed my concerns to Alex at SV. His answers to my questions didn't quite match up with Vic's responses a few weeks prior, but here's what I was told:
- The SVX80T scopes ordered before Nov 1st have all been completed. Many have already shipped, but because they've also finished runs of 140T and 152T's, they're a little back-logged on getting everything shipped out. I was told that mine would be shipped on or before Friday this week.
- One reason for the delay in getting the SVX80T's out, besides the long power outage that they experienced a few weeks ago, was because they were making sure that those that had ordered the optional reducer/flattener got theirs in the order that pre-orders were received for the scope/reducer/flattener combo. Fair is fair.
- They have "a pile" of the optional .74x reducer/flatteners in stock, more than they have preorders for, and they will be re-releasing them soon, possibly before the end of this year. Each reducer/flattener goes through it's own laser test to ensure plug-and-play compatibility and dependability with the SVX80T. Alex said that the assemblies are all completed, but that they're now in line to go back into the CNC machine to drill out access holes so that they can adjust each element in the reducer/flattener individually for optimal performance. Current owners of the reducer/flattener, I'd be very interested to learn how prominent these access points are, and if DIY re-adjustment is a possibility (though I'd likely never attempt it myself - just curious).
- The drilling and adjustment of each reducer/flattener takes a relatively long time and person-power. EACH reducer/flattener takes about one full day of drilling/adjusting before it meets SV's high standards. To me, that's an incredible amount of work and attention to detail. At $400, they can't be making much money on these, if they're not taking a bath on them.
- Because of the time and attention required, it wouldn't be surprising to me if getting these reducer/flatteners out is not a priority for SV. It also wouldn't surprise me if they stop processing new orders after the current stock is depleted. When that will be, and how many they have in stock, is anybody's guess.
That's all I have for now. I'll be sure to post additional updates as I receive them.
Edited by zakry3323, 14 November 2019 - 12:05 PM.