I've been considering the purchase of an all sky camera for use outside my observatory. I'm looking for some advice as I'm having trouble sifting through all of the options (and junk) online...
I'm not completely opposed to putting the unit together myself, but would prefer an all-in-one unit that is designed for this purpose and already assembled. My list of requirements are as follows:
- All sky -- see to the horizon in all directions
- Protective dome -- water tight, protect from overheating, etc.
- Mountable on a standard satellite dish pole.
- IP camera through fixed, hard-wired connection.
- PPPoE -- I already have the pole on top of my dome with a weather protected grounded Ethernet cable -- used to belong to my fixed wireless LTE Internet service, so would prefer to use it, if possible.
- Dew/frost prevention heating of some sort.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Edited by Peter L., 04 December 2018 - 01:18 PM.