•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A New Masuyama is Coming

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 Kent10

Kent10

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

I am not sure I will get this Masuyama.  I don't have any of the new ones yet.  But I think the reason to get it, for me, is not so much for the wide field but for the clarity of the view.  I have many of the original Masuyamas at 52 degrees and I really like the view--clean with a dark background.  Some have described the view as an ortho with a slightly larger FOV.  The new Masuyamas will probably have the clarity of view like an ortho but with a much wider FOV and perhaps some other compromises like short eye relief and the stars aren't as sharp off axis, but for some at least the larger FOV is there.  If they like the view they get from an ortho but not its small FOV then the new Masuyama might be for them.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics