•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Evo Star 72 and Star Adventurer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Teddythefinger

Teddythefinger

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:56 AM

I posted this in the refractors section but maybe this is a better spot for it.
Hey guys!!! Just wanted to post my first light photo of my new setup. I got this scope for Black Friday but it's been too darn cloudy to try it out. Thankfully this weekend is supposed to be clear!!! I'm totally new to this to, I've just been using the SA with a 1Dx and a 135 until I acquired a telescope. This was about 30 or 40 1 minute subs ( with a couple of darks before my batteries died) stacked in DSS and edited in Lightroom/Photoshop.
https://www.dropbox....tosave.jpg?dl=0
Not too sure how to post photos...

#2 sg6

sg6

Soyuz

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:40 PM

Link doesn't appear as a link, comes out as a text string so doesn't dispaly the image/site.

1 minute exposures on an SA is about the sensible maximum.

Someone else may be able to access the link and put up one that at least I can follow - may just be me basically. I did alter the browser config yesterday.

#3 Teddythefinger

Teddythefinger

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

My bad. Try this one!!
https://www.dropbox....tosave.jpg?dl=0

My polar aligent was off a bit, but I'm positive I could get 90 to 120 seconds.

Edited by Teddythefinger, 07 December 2018 - 01:12 PM.

#4 stevebeukema

stevebeukema

Lift Off

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:47 PM

Nice! I’m also using SA with the EvoStar 72 and I’m able to get around 30 second subs, but my polar scope is a bit off so I need to calibrate it.

#5 Teddythefinger

Teddythefinger

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:12 PM

Nice! I’m also using SA with the EvoStar 72 and I’m able to get around 30 second subs, but my polar scope is a bit off so I need to calibrate it.

Mine was good when I got it, but I still checked it. I use this method to do my polar alignment. It's accurate Everytime and easier now I've done it a few times. I'll let it run for a while and go check it. Much easier, for me, that using an app.

https://fstop138.ber...tar-adventurer/

#6 stevebeukema

stevebeukema

Lift Off

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:39 PM

Mine was good when I got it, but I still checked it. I use this method to do my polar alignment. It's accurate Everytime and easier now I've done it a few times. I'll let it run for a while and go check it. Much easier, for me, that using an app.

https://fstop138.ber...tar-adventurer/

Thanks--this is helpful!  With the circles on the back of the polar scope, when I move the small, outside circle (with numbers going from 0 to 12), nothing else happens.  The circle moves freely, but it doesn't seem to change anything.  When I rotate the entire RA axis, the polar scope rotates with it, and the outer circle also rotates with it.  Is this normal?

#7 Teddythefinger

Teddythefinger

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 AM

I don't think the little inner circle changes anything other than adjusting it for the meridian offset and setting the date...when it moves separately. So yes, it will rotate when moving the ra. You have to set date and meridian off set before rotating the ra.

Edited by Teddythefinger, Yesterday, 09:37 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics