•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Another PHD2 Thread... Orion Atlas Pro AZ/EQ-G

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TimmyTim

TimmyTim

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Henderson, NV

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:30 AM

Hello; 

I seem to be having problems with PHD2 and my Mount that haven't really started to be annoying until I started doing long exposures (over 5 minutes). I'm using SharpCap to finetune my polar alignment, and making sure the mount is properly balanced, but this is starting to get on my nerves. I ttried adjusting RA Agr and DEC Agr, and ran the Guiding Assistant, not much help. 

Thank you for your help! 

Attached Thumbnails

• 48241590_300819697455117_1597825415768965120_n.jpg

Edited by TimmyTim, 12 December 2018 - 02:35 AM.

#2 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:38 AM

Post your issue at the forum below and be SURE to include log files and complete setup info.  Describe what's wrong or whatever its doing.

https://groups.googl...pen-phd-guiding

Be sure to run the current release.

https://openphdguidi...ment-snapshots/

Edited by Jim Waters, 12 December 2018 - 02:40 AM.

#3 cfosterstars

cfosterstars

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Austin, Texas

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:25 AM

First thing I think I notice is that your guide star is saturated. Did you use autoselect for the star selection? I also cant see any of the numbers on your screen so its very hard to see the issue. You also do not give any details of your equipment such as guide scope or guide camera.

• happylimpet likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics