•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

which camera?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:53 AM

C14 and 2X also with ASI174MM

https://www.astrobin...rd=iotd&nc=user

Even for the moon which is easy target anyway, i won't post the sun images

https://www.astrobin...rd=top-pick&nc=

Even this person using his C14 for example with 2.5X and 174mm

https://www.astrobin.com/382734/?nc=

I need PICTURES, not just numbers, if it is impossible or not possible or say 174 is worse then they will never use it at all not even once then.

I won't post from Damian Peach as he always has the best reasons in the world so never questioning his reasons.

#27 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Soyuz

• -----

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:54 AM

OP has C11 and Barlow of 1.5x and 2x and 3x, so he can't use 3x then with his C11? because this will give F30.

#28 PiotrM

PiotrM

Soyuz

• Loc: Poland

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:25 AM

Slightly more read noise - you can see it on zwo charts for given sensor. Pretty pictures are not usabld for describing sensor performance.

174 Has larger pixels and needs a barlow with a sct while asi178 would not giving the same end result.

Edited by PiotrM, 27 December 2018 - 08:27 AM.

#29 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Soyuz

• -----

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:26 AM

Slightly more read noise - you can see it on zwo charts for given sensor. Pretty pictures are not usabld for describing sensor performance.

I see, in this case i will go with pretty pictures then and i will pass those charts or readings.

Thank you very much!

#30 PiotrM

PiotrM

Soyuz

• Loc: Poland

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:33 AM

I see, in this case i will go with pretty pictures then and i will pass those charts or readings.

Thank you very much!

Then buy whatever you want, use whatever you want - it's your money, your problem. Just dont waste people time asking for advice and astrophotography basics when you dont want to hear them. Oh, and google planetarny pictures taken with sbig st-9 - if it's pretty then it must be good right? And you can do f/100 with it as its has 20 um pixels. You should be happy about using 4x and 5x powermate in an sct. F/100 you can brag with and high end scientific sensor, what could go wrong?

#31 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Soyuz

• -----

Posted 27 December 2018 - 08:38 AM

Then buy whatever you want, use whatever you want - it's your money, your problem. Just dont waste people time asking for advice and astrophotography basics when you dont want to hear them. Oh, and google planetarny pictures taken with sbig st-9 - if it's pretty then it must be good right? And you can do f/100 with it as its has 20 um pixels. You should be happy about using 4x and 5x powermate in an sct. F/100 you can brag with and high end scientific sensor, what could go wrong?

Thank you very much, it is not me, hope OP already decided which camera, and i will keep asking always even if i buy whatever, you just keep helping and advising no matter what others buy or decide, thanks.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics