•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Some Strange Stellariumscope error messages / wildly bad slews

astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisPA

ChrisPA

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:34 PM

I finally set up my dual imaging setup and this, of course, necessitated a second computer. I thought I had everything in working order, but when I told Stellarium to move my AZ-EQ5 to a star, say Capella, it was wildly off - if it should have been point NE up in the sky, it was pointing NW along the horizon. Sending it to Dubhe made it go to the Bubble Nebula. A slew to Muscida put it at Navi. M74 had it pointing at the ground. I've double-checked everything I could. My coordinates are correct in EQMOD and Stellarium. Park position is correct. Time is correct, date is correct, daylight savings is correct (off). I matched everything in my other computer that works perfectly. I'm stumped. I also get zero Google hits for "SyncToTarget () RaDec sync was rejected". I don't think I have time to fix this tonight, but if anyone has ideas for me tomorrow, I'd really appreciate it. If I manually synced with anything, even around Polaris, I'd get the attached error messages. The files the first one pointed me to are complete gobbledygook. Again, if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.png
  • image(1).png

Edited by ChrisPA, 19 December 2018 - 10:04 AM.

#2 ChrisPA

ChrisPA

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:02 AM

FYI: As is always the cause, this was down to user error. I set my longitude to east instead of west. 

#3 Dan Finnerty

Dan Finnerty

Viking 1

• Loc: Pasadena, CA

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

Been there. Done that. Multiple times.

After a while, you get to recognizing the symptoms pretty quickly.

There is a saying: "Always make new mistakes"

• ChrisPA likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics