•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Tektite

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zakry3323

zakry3323

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Pittsburgh

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:52 AM

It's been a really fun Christmas! Besides the typical socks and books, my wife and son picked out a little moldavite for me. 

I've never owned a piece of geological history before, and thinking about how it was formed makes my mind boggle. It may not stagger anyone else, but I think it's got a pretty cool shape, and I'll always treasure it. I'm enamored and it's definitely sparked an interested in learning about meteorites/tektites. 

1319022660781.jpg

1319022668773.jpg

• Paul G, Glassthrower, wrnchhead and 1 other like this

#2 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • Loc: Oort Cloud 9

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

Nice specimen. That's how I got hooked - one little space rock around the holidays about 10-11 years ago. It's like collecting rocks from around the solar system.

I have written some articles geared towards new collectors that detail the different types and some of the related science - http://galactic-ston...out-meteorites/

Best regards and clear skies,

MikeG

• zakry3323 likes this

#3 zakry3323

zakry3323

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Pittsburgh

Posted 26 December 2018 - 11:54 AM

Nice specimen. That's how I got hooked - one little space rock around the holidays about 10-11 years ago. It's like collecting rocks from around the solar system.

I have written some articles geared towards new collectors that detail the different types and some of the related science - http://galactic-ston...out-meteorites/

Best regards and clear skies,

MikeG

Thanks for your work! Clearly some love, knowledge, and healthy obsession have gone into your writing! Seems that I'm headed down the rabbit hole!

Edited by zakry3323, 26 December 2018 - 11:54 AM.

• Glassthrower likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics