•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ClickLock Vs Four in One

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skyler

skyler

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: TGPNW

Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

Does anyone have experience with both the Baader ClickLock 2" Clamp vs Baader Four in One Clamp for centering precision of a laser when collimating an optical tube?

I have the option to pick up either one and the Four in One is cheaper.  Just want to be sure they are equally precise or if one is preferred over the other.  There would seem to be an obvious answer which would be better but hoping I can get an answer from someone first hand.  OR if someone can direct me to an existing post.

Thanks !

Edited by skyler, 28 December 2018 - 05:49 PM.

#2 skyler

skyler

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: TGPNW

Posted 09 January 2019 - 05:01 PM

Well looks like this was not much of interest here.  I was preparing to present a comparison of the two but when the 2" Click-Lock arrived, it was defective and I could not open or close the mechanism as it was locked in a semi open position. I tried various tricks to work it over but it was not going to happen with just hand strength. I did not want to damage it with a pair of pliers so I chose to send it back instead.  I knew these work well since I have the 1.25" version and it works great and operates smoothly.  Oh well, will stick with the 4-1 for now.

#3 elwaine

elwaine

Vanguard

• Loc: Jupiter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

Sorry yours was defective. I use a 2” Click-Lock and love it. I won’t go back to using thumb screws. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics