•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Guess how much...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 williamoptics

williamoptics

Vendor (William Optics)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:14 PM

...you can load on a William Optics EAZY-TOUCH AltAz Mount??

Attached Thumbnails

• 960040-eazy touch.jpg

#2 LLEEGE

LLEEGE

True Blue

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:25 PM

So, how much? I just ordered one, along with a ZS 80IIED. I am hoping it will handle the FLT110. (and 135 when they hit the market!)

#3 LLEEGE

LLEEGE

True Blue

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:30 PM

BTW, what is the middle scope? The one on the left is the 80IIED and the right is the 66.... :question: Are you holding out on us? Thats not nice! :poke:

#4 williamoptics

williamoptics

Vendor (William Optics)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:56 AM

Luke, don't worry! No problem with your set-up!!
The scope in the pic is NOT a WO... You cannot see the iron cast part? ;) It's a 150mm from a well known Chinese maker...
It was the biggest scope the dealer we took the photo at had access to for our small test...
We loaded the EAZY-T with three scopes, diagonals and UWAN eyepieces (including the 28mm!). After balancing, the mount had no problem at all! I am positive we could have loaded another few pounds on it without any trouble... Obviously, the more you load the more important it gets to have a very stable tripod and very good balancing, but the mechanics and smoothness of the EZT Head had no problems at all.

#5 ForgottenMObject

ForgottenMObject

Soyuz

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:21 AM

That is very impressive!

The only "problem" I see is that having 3 times as many scopes in one place probably produces 3 times as many clouds! Hehehe...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics