•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Issue with latency/delay in "autosave" mode with Maxim DL (1.09)

EAA ccd
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Lambda

Lambda

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:46 AM

Hello. smile.gif

First of all, I wish you and happy new year!

Small question for starting 2019...

I am using a old camera Orion Starshoot Deep Space Monochrome Imager II (SSDSMI-2) with a small old laptop (Medion) working under windows XP.

With the driver Maxim DL (1.09).

So a touch of "vintage" configuration...

I do some little experiments for making EEA with this material and use the function "auto-save" in order to use the visualisation window provided by the driver in a "live view" mode.

- It works quite good.

But:

- There is some latency/delay between two successive acquisitions:

Each acquired image is systematically saved on my hard disk in a folder that I had to previously defined.

I guess that said latency/delay is at least partially due to this automatic saving steps.

I would like to know if there is a possibility to optionally avoid such saving steps and therefore just keep the image visualization on the window provided by the driver. Without this systematic saving step on the hard disk, I suppose that I will strongly limit this delay/latancy issue.

what would be a solution:

- writing a script? how? (I am like a chicken with a knife, in computer domain... believe me... laugh.gif )

- perhaps some hidden option to be found in the menu of the driver?

- ... (?)

In advance thank you for your suggestions...

Have a good day!

Lambda

Edited by Lambda, 02 January 2019 - 05:46 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EAA, ccd

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics