•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tele Vue eyepieces only

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#351 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Skylab

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:33 PM

You don't need so many to start observing or for building a set. My first eyepieces 10 years ago were a 5mm Pentax XW, 24mm TV Panoptic and a 9mm T6 Nagler. Over the years I sold and upgraded, sometimes downgraded, enjoyed Delos eyepieces the most, Ethos least, Pentax are great to try at least once. In the end I pretty much settled on comfortable hyperwide 92-103° eyepieces. Find those are the most useful for me on an 11" SCT.

Go with any 3 and don't sweat it. You don't really need filters also, unless they are for solar viewing or if your wanting to view Nebulae from bortle 7 zones, or better.

You'd rather invest in 4 eyepieces. Low mag, medium, medium-high and high mag. 26mm TV Nagler or 22mm T4, 17.3mm Delos, 17mm ES 92 or 17mm Nikon HW, 10-13mm 100 AFOV, and a 7mm Pentax XW to try. Something like that. Add or sell over the years if you continue visual. Tried astrophotography and visual, settled on visual and just enjoying whenever possible.

I have time, and i keep reading, so i will come to decision about which eyepieces i should get, i know once i start with one or two then i will be like addicted, but i have to get scopes first then choices of eyepieces will be more sense.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics