•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Polemaster software not working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jpost539

jpost539

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:00 PM

So I purchased a polemaster for my Sky-watcher EQ6R Pro back in July. When I first purchased it everything worked great. The last 2 times that I have tried to use it the application for polemaster is either super laggy or if I manage to get to the final step of polar alignment, I cant get the red square on top of the green square. Does QHYCCD offer updates? Ive been to their website with no luck. I even tried to email them but that was a fruitless effort. Can anyone help me out. was running polemaster 1.3.2.8 and that failed me, so I found polemaster 1.3.4 and that was still no help.

#2 zach540

zach540

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Colorado Springs

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:58 PM

When you say you can't get the red square on top of the green square, is it cause it's constantly moving around?  If so, that's likely due to your seeing conditions at the time. 

As for being laggy, might try a power USB hub, my USB port wasn't delivering enough power to power the camera and caused me issues.  

Edited by zach540, 11 January 2019 - 08:59 PM.

#3 PAdennis812

PAdennis812

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Eastern Pennsylvania

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

Gotta agree with Zach.  If the red and green marks are jumping, it's most likely, due to seeing.  I simply use the best average I can achieve and leave it at that.  To be honest, Polemaster has been the most trouble free of any software I've installed.  I am constantly amazed that it works every time, considering all the other problems I encounter.....

As far as slow response, have you completely shut down and restarted your laptop or other device?  Or shut down the application?  I find that often corrects all sorts of issues.  Can't imagine you'd need a powered hub as it worked before for you.  I just plug the cable into a 2.0 port of my cheap laptop.

Edited by PAdennis812, 11 January 2019 - 09:43 PM.

#4 jpost539

jpost539

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:49 PM

I have tried shutting the computer down. Reinstalled everything on the computer. It didn't fix the issue.

As far as getting the red and green to line up, as I would move the mount in dec or RA, the two of them would never get closer or farther apart. They would just move in unison with each other. So much so that I would lose Polaris completely from the screen trying to get them to line up on top of each other.

Yes I would totally agree. Every other time I have used the polemaster, it had worked flawlessly. Like its almost too easy to use.

#5 NZhendo

NZhendo

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Middle Earth

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:21 AM

It appears there are some known issues. If you are using a laptop, try plugging into AC power (i.e. not running on battery). Mine works fine when plugged in but when running on battery it runs at about 3 frames per minute. Here is a link to some possible fixes. It appears to be a USB power issue. Hopefully QHY will fix this in software and release an updat´╗┐e. http://en.coolccd.co...hp?topic=6665.0

#6 jpost539

jpost539

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give that a try. So frustrating because you just want to shoot when the skies are clear then you have to deal with this nonsense.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics