•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cannot Successfully Align With SkySafari 6 & SkyPortal Wifi Unit

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Bill Geertsen

Bill Geertsen

Sputnik

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:21 AM

Hi Mike,

I have a relatively new Nexstar5 SE with the SkyPortal module plugged into the Aux port. This is my travel scope.

The pad is a Samsung Galaxy Tab-S, the phone is an iPhone 7. Both exhibit the same behavior and the on-screen buttons sometimes feel 'sticky' or slow to respond.

The reason I was trying to use "connect" rather than "connect and align" is that I was using the "one star alignment" with the HC and thought it would work the same in SkyPortal and WiFi, which it did until I hit the 10 alignment point limit.

Your book should arrive in a couple of days. 

BG

#27 SgtSluggo

SgtSluggo

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:39 PM

Someone may have said this but I just want to re-emphasize.  The incompatibility of HC and Skysafari extends to different devices using SkySafari (or SkyPortal).  If you align with one device, you must continue to use that device for GoTo.  Alignment information is stored on device and picking up a second device will go back to whatever alignment info that device had last.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics