•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Pole Master lag and redraw issues

accessories
  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Art Morrison

Art Morrison

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

I went out also and tested the Nvidia settings I mentioned above. They had essentially no effect. Worked perfectly at the house when I tested them though. The only thing that worked was to actually disable the integrated display driver in device manager. Maybe those Nvidia Control panel settings only affect 3D use of the graphics adapter. At any rate they did not work.  I did get a very good polar align though.  I use a Software Bisque MyT mount which has its own polar align routines, but PM is just so much faster and saves a bunch of slewing. I also attached a 5 inch picatinny rail to the side of the mount RA cover with foam tape adhesive and added a green laser sight. Using the view in PM I could accurately align it to the rotational axis of the MyT to make rough polar alignment super easy and quick.

#27 mlnewton

mlnewton

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:30 AM

I went out also and tested the Nvidia settings I mentioned above. They had essentially no effect. Worked perfectly at the house when I tested them though. The only thing that worked was to actually disable the integrated display driver in device manager. Maybe those Nvidia Control panel settings only affect 3D use of the graphics adapter. At any rate they did not work.  I did get a very good polar align though.  I use a Software Bisque MyT mount which has its own polar align routines, but PM is just so much faster and saves a bunch of slewing. I also attached a 5 inch picatinny rail to the side of the mount RA cover with foam tape adhesive and added a green laser sight. Using the view in PM I could accurately align it to the rotational axis of the MyT to make rough polar alignment super easy and quick.

Hello Art, I did not change the Nvidia settings having disabled only the gaming video controller. It worked perfectly for PM alignment and alignment was nearly perfect. I did not like the look and feel of the display otherwise so I reverted to both controllers being active after alignment. My guiding was good except for the relatively poor seeing playing tricks with the guide star. Put some time on the Leo Triplet. Clear skies, Louis

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics