•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

User-Sourced Guide for Celestron Illuminated RACI Finderscope

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 safinsd

safinsd

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 January 2019 - 07:56 PM

I made this guide for 3 reasons: there isn't a manufacturer's user guide, I have time on my hands and I enjoy making graphics. I don't need a guide now, but wished I'd had one when the finderscope arrived in the mail. The info is culled from my personal experience, forums, blogs and guides for other finderscopes. I also relied upon a Celestron video and Celestron customer service. Caveat emptor.

https://phantesme.wo...-sourced-guide/

Edited by safinsd, 22 January 2019 - 08:12 PM.

#2 vkhastro1

vkhastro1

Apollo

• Loc: Vankleek Hill, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:00 AM

Very impressive user guide !
Celestron should definitely take notice and incorporate your user guide as part of their literature.

I actually like the finder by itself - Optics are quite good but not up to the standard of the Stellarvue SV50 finderscope.
The finder does have nice features (illuminated double x-hair) but the mounting bracket/ring system is very awkward and unnecessarily heavy. The eyepiece is focusable (+) but not interchangeable (-).

I actually removed the mounting bracket and ring system and used the finderscope with a different after market finder shoe and removable finderbracket/rings combo (old Losmandy RDF 65 from the years gone by) - much lighter and ergonomic.

#3 safinsd

safinsd

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:45 PM

I'll probably either use different finder rings and base or buy a Starsense.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics