•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to save CCDinspector views

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ezwheels

ezwheels

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oakland, CA.

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:26 AM

I am setting up my TEC140 with an A-P QuadTCC and I am using CCD inspector to analyze the fits files. I have a series of images from the same target with different back spacing lengths and they have all been inspected. I then plot a curvature map and a 3d model fro each image. So far so good. Then I would like to save them for reference as jpegs or tifs, and I can't for the life of me find how to do this aside from maybe a screen grab, if these can be done on a PC? (if so, how?).

The only thing I can find to save any of this exercise is a copy to clipboard; which I found out how to paste it into something I can read, but I prefer the actual images and the 3d plot.

Any help?

CS

#2 Alex McConahay

Alex McConahay

Cosmos

• Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:12 AM

Two tools of interest are, of course the screengrab...…"Ctrl-Prt Scr" then "paste" into an image processing (or word processing) program. 

The "Snipping" tool. Just type "Snipping" into the Windows search bar (not a browser search bar), tell it "new", and drag a rectangle around what you want to capture. 

And, is there not a way in CCD inspector to save them?

Alex

#3 Alex McConahay

Alex McConahay

Cosmos

• Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:14 AM

"Crtl-Prt Scr"

or "Snipping Tool"  

will capture a whole screen or a rectangle you draw on the screen.

Then past it into an image processing program, or word processing program.

But does not CCD Inspector have a save feature

Alex

#4 ezwheels

ezwheels

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oakland, CA.

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

No save feature that I saw. I will tell you that I am a Mac user since the early 80's and this is my first PC so everything is "wrong"wink.gif ... or different enough that I could easily be missing the obvious. It sure seems that for $180 it should at least have a "save as" option and then offer jpeg. Even the copy to clipboard pasted in a very poorly formatted way that I had to re-organize so I could read it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics