•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky guider pro question. What is the maximum weight you have put on?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ptsproet

Ptsproet

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:51 AM

First of all Hi! My first post here after hours of reading :)

Im about to buy the Skyguider pro to kickstart my astrophotagraphy. I live in the center of a fairly big city in (Gothenburg, Sweden) with heavy lightpollution, but I do travel alot.

I want the Skyguider pro for two reasons. 

First of all I can use my carbon fiber tripod for regular photo and awesome (i hope) astrophoto. Second ofc is the super portability.

I want to get deeper in the sky and looking for the right telescope to attach to my DSLR T7i (not astro modded since I just have one camera and rather buy the equipment around it before I buy a new one to mod)

Right now I leaning to buy the WO Z61 scope since its so small and not super expensive and Ive seen Astrobackyard do wonders with the combination.

But could you recommend alternatives for this combo? IOptron say max load is 5kg (guess that is when counterweight is already attached)

My camera weights 0.53kg + some extra like flattener and stuff so maby 0.8kg could I have a telescope that weights 4 or maby 4.5kg to overload? I would like a simple telescope just to look through without camera for the kids.

This might be for another thread but would be happy to get telescope alternatives that you think would fit in my setup? I can live with big Size thou.

Happy to finally join you guys and gals!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics