•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Who does decent Mirror Coating (near Ohio?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Hoehne

Brad Hoehne

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:04 PM

Hi Gang,

I'm in need of recoating a 28" mirror for a dob.   I live in Columbus, Ohio and would be willing to drive 6 hours to take the mirror to be re-aluminized.   I'm not particular about the type of coating, as long as it's a quality job.   

Would anyone have a recommendation for a company that could handle such a task?  I've heard that Clausing, in Chicago, does this, but I've been informed that a few jobs with large mirrors resulted in peeling coatings.  (I'm open minded, however, if others feel that this is a mischaracterization.  I've coated small mirrors with them in the past.)

Thanks!

Brad Hoehne- 
Columbus, Ohio

#2 havasman

havasman

Cosmos

• ****-
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:27 PM

http://www.opticalmechanics.com/

They're very good and in Iowa City. I've had them do a couple for me and for the club.

• Retsub likes this

#3 Bill Schneider

Bill Schneider

Viking 1

• Loc: Athens, OH

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:24 AM

Brad,

Scroll down about 1/3 page to the section named Mirror Coatings. http://www.loptics.com/faq.html 

Mike Lockwood names several good sources there. Trouble is that they aren't that close to Columbus (or if I may guess, JGAP at the Hocking Hills).

#4 tag1260

tag1260

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Ohio, USA

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:21 PM

Majestic in New Jersey

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics